Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Thievery by the Sea

Aubrie Cox has come up with a new Yay Words! Project to challenge our haiku minds . . .

"I will take small poems until Saturday, September 15th about the sea and/or thieves/thievery. As I have with other projects, I will take up to 5, and I’ll at least take one. I reserve the right to ask you to try again if nothing really catches my eye, but don’t take it as a brushoff; that really does mean try again!

Theme/What to write about: The sea and/or thieves/thievery.

What form: Haiku, senryu, tanka, kyoka, gogyōka, renku, haibun, haiga (doodles most welcome!), small stones, short poems (up to 10 lines), etc. As is art!

How many: As many as you want! I will take as many as 5 and no less than 1.

When: Send them in by Saturday, September 15th (I will wait until the whole world has reached the 15th); I will post a PDF on this blog on September 19th (or as some know it, International Talk Like a Pirate Day).

Where to send: Email to aubriecox [at] gmail [dot] com - put “EVERY ROAD TAKES ME TO THE SEA” in the subject line, if you please."

I hope to see you there! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment