Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Friday, May 18, 2012

One Particularly Depressing Day...

I think this is the only longer poem I've written about my journey through leukaemia; the rest are haiku, tanka, senryu, and I now have some haibun coming through. This free-verse poem was written in early 2011 and edited for submission early this year. It was then accepted and published in Takahe 75 (Issue 1, 2012).


That day
By Kirsten Cliff

I stopped
lay still
& watched my world move
around me:

the hands of a clock
the branches of a tree
the mothers pushing prams
the kids riding bikes
the cars & birds
flying by

As I watched
my heart altered
for I saw no sign
of God.



I love this cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment