Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Dragonfest

A big THANK YOU to Aubrie Cox for sparking my imagination with her call for dragon/water/fire haiku, tanka, haiga and such like!



the water dragon
swimming through
my lines of haiku
flicks a tail at the sight
of his lover's name





                    dragon fire...
                    the way he moves me
                    this night






                              black robes dance
                              around the ritual circle
                              earth - air - water - fire
                              I draw in a dragon's breath
                              to lead the chant






                                        dragon daydream
                                        the streaks of fire
                                        in her hair




The New Year's Day blog post celebrating the beginning of 2012 (which is the Year of the Dragon) can be downloaded from Yay Words! I'm sure you'll enjoy this magical mix of artwork and short form poetry that has become The Language of Dragons.



3 comments:

  1. these are all great Kirsten, but...
    dragon fire...
    the way he moves me
    this night

    WOW !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Jo :) You've left me sitting here with a big smile after that response!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or weblog posts on this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this website. Reading this information So i am happy to show that I've a very just right uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed. I so much certainly will make certain to don't disregard this website and give it a glance a continuing basis|regularly}.
    Rule 24-35A Marine Rule 360 Marine Bilge Pump with Mercury Free Rule-A-Matic Float Switch (360-GPH, 12-Volt)

    ReplyDelete