Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chinese New Year



January 2012 - Kirsten's Calendar of Haiku & Photography


Regular followers of this blog might remember that I actually set myself a second goal last year: to make a calendar of haiku and photography to be given as Christmas presents to my family.

Well, I did it, and everybody loved it! :)

With the Chinese New Year celebrations upon us, I thought it was about time I showed my readers some of what my calendar turned out like. Above is my January page: a shot I took near my old home of Papamoa Beach, from one of my favourite spots, and the haiku is one that was published in the NZPS Anthology in 2008, Before the Sirocco.

It's probably one of my favourite haiku by me: it was my first play around with form in haiku, and I still think of it every summer when I stretch out my toes and feel that first rush of cool breeze.

I hope the sunny scene warms those of you in the Northern parts of our Earth. And Happy New Year once again!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This gave me an idea. Maybe one day I'll make a project like this. Thanks for sharing this haiga.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Christine :)
    I used Vistaprint, but there are other places that allow you to create such things then order as many as you wish.
    I'll probably post each month as the year goes along.

    ReplyDelete