Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Vision of Birds

New ideas for creative projects seem to come to me no matter what mood I'm in nor where my energy levels are sitting. Some ideas can simply never be realised and have to be let go. Others just keep bubbling back up into my conscious awareness and need to be fulfilled.

          escaping
          from a 2nd-hand
          book
          two tickets for
          the bird gardens

The feeling of wanting to create something out of all the cards I was sent while in hospital last year can no longer be ignored. I have a vision of birds: of cutting each card into a bird silhouette and setting them on a background to be hung on the wall.

All the cards I was given during my time in hospital having IV
chemotherapy for leukaemia last year, from March to July, 2010.

I don't know how it's all going to work out but I'm willing to follow this vision and see where it leads! Will keep you updated :)

2 comments:

  1. May your project take flight- I would love to see how these come out. BUT even if they stay a bubble in the back of your mind I well wonder about those cards. I am sure I have thousands of cards I could not bear to part with. Now you have me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Teri :)
    Will post pics when I'm done (and possibly throughout); will probably take me a few months as I can see this ending up being huge! Glad I got you thinking ;)
    Blessings x

    ReplyDelete