Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Friday, April 1, 2011

The Start of a New Month - The Start of a New Challenge

National Poetry Month in April, being American, hadn't really come up on my radar. It was brought to my attention this year via a post on The Muffin - the blog of the WOW! Women on Writing team. I decided then that I'd do it. (You can read that post here, which has info on other writing challenges throughout April.)

The link they gave is to Poetic Asides, which give daily prompts throughout the month. Having never had anything to do with Poetic Asides before I was going to wait and see what they're prompts were like. (You can read their guidelines for the 2011 April Poem-A-Day Challenge here.)

Then I came across InkSeeds - a blog that is giving poetry prompts for April around Personal Mythology, and I knew this was the place for me. Mention Jung, dream work, writing as a spiritual practice and I'm there! Check out the post here. (Thanks to Fiona Robyn for posting this link on Facebook.)

I've also listed my blog on the NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month) website. You can submit yours too and check out other participants' sites that are following the PAD (Poem-A-Day) Challenge. I will post mine daily here on Swimming in Lines of Haiku.

I'm just home from holiday and about to check out the first prompt. You can join me here. I'm very interested to see what I come out with. Happy writing this April :)

For my fellow haiku writers: You can also find prompts for writing a haiku-a-day during April on the NaHaiWriMo page on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment