Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Returning Refreshed

After a two-week break from haiga making (due to my health, and my inner critic!) I've returned this week refreshed: writing a handful of new haiku and tanka about my leukaemia journey and beginning to create my collage-style haiga with new materials, bought and found.

I delight so much in this process that the hours often go by unnoticed. Creating these art works is a full body experience, engaging all the senses, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I dream of extending my art space, so one day I might have a room all of my own just for making and enjoying art, in whichever form that may present itself.

Right now it's collage-style haiga, with a bit of photography creeping back in (after not touching my camera for several months). I'd like to learn how to use a photo editing software so I can add text to my photos. But presently my haiga is all consuming, and any other art projects I've had in mind will have to stay in the ideas vault.

No comments:

Post a Comment