Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Monday, October 4, 2010

Head Lines NZ E-zine open for poetry submissions

I found a new and interesting e-zine over the weekend: Head Lines NZ . It's essentially a blog of poetry by people who have experienced mental illness. The editor is happy to receive submissions at any time and is looking for poetry, of any style, that relates to mental health. Full submission guidelines here . A print anthology is to be published annually to showcase the year's best poems and poets.

My first haiku submission,"taking a mental health day", went live on Saturday and I'm really pleased with it. The editor adds an image with each poem and asked if I wanted to add my own image seeing as I've been doing haiga. So the photo you see above the haiku is my work too. Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. I like how the photo reminds me, as the reader, to think of the physical subject of the poem.

    ReplyDelete